Why Use WordPress? A Deep Dive Into 10 Good Reasons
Developers create websites and these websites have to update with the latest information. The website might be posting daily news articles, blogs, and other content and to do this the developer has to work with various CMS (Content management system) tools. WordPress is one of these CMS software that helps update and modify the content on a website.
Advantages of using WordPress
- The Software is Free and Open-Source – WordPress is open source which means that you can use WordPress for free. The software is run and managed by a lot of beta testers and these developers form a community and develop the application. Though WordPress is free you will need money to host the sites and the hosting is affordable and starts at 3 dollars per month. There are a lot of themes and templates that can be used for free.
- It Adapts So You Can Make Any Type of Website – WordPress because quite popular among blogging sites and almost all blogging sites use WordPress. The same WordPress can be used to create e-commerce sites and other websites. It is true that WordPress was first developed to facilitate blogging but the technology has changed and WordPress has some amazing features that help in making different types of websites.
- It Supports Numerous Media Types – The common problem with CMS tools is that they support only a limited number of media formats and this becomes a problem for developers. WordPress on the other hand accepts a wide variety of media files and almost anything can be uploaded to WordPress. Developers can add Videos, documents, images and files in different formats like .jpg, .png, .gif .pdf, .doc, .pptx, .mp3, .m4a, .mp4, .mov, .wmv, .avi and even .odt, .key, .ogg, and .3gp. WordPress doesn’t accept SVGs but there are ways to convert these files onto different formats.
- It’s Easy to Learn and Has a Huge Community – WordPress is completely free to access and anybody with no prior knowledge can also start developing websites using WordPress. The interface is very simple and anybody can play around with it for 10 minutes and get an understanding of different features. The huge community support also makes it easier for developers to learn new things and get solutions for their problems.
- You Can Scale Up and Expand Your Website with Themes and Plugins – It is very easy to work with WordPress and as said earlier there are a lot of features that developers can work with. If these features are not satisfying for developers they can expand their business by using third-party extinctions and themes that developers create. Developers upload the code for these themes and plugins on various forums and it is very easy to find them.
- It Doesn’t Take a Genius to Manage – Businesses sometimes are low on funds and they find it hard to comply with experts to manage their website. Using WordPress makes it extremely easy to maintain the site and anybody can manage it efficiently. The person working in maintaining the website should just make sure that the server is running, create backups, check for security breaches, update plugins, themes, and the WordPress software and take care of the basic things.
- SEO Comes First – SEO optimization is one of the most powerful factors that determine the number of views that a website gets. WordPress has SEO tools inbuilt and the developer need not worry about title tags and other descriptions because WordPress generates these by itself. There are also additional plugins to make SEO optimization even better.
- You Have Full Control of Your Website – Working with WordPress allows developers to have full control of the website. Developers can change any aspect of the website and modify it as they want it to be. WordPress has all the required features and developers need not use any other application to manage the site. All the purchases made through WordPress belong to the developer and they are not just rented. If the developer moved to any different website they can add the same purchased features there as well.
- Blogging is Hands Down the Best in the Business – There are many sites that offer blogging engines like Tumblr, Medium, Ghost, and Blogger but the best one among all other applications is WordPress. The power, elegance, and advanced tools offered by WordPress are simply magnificent. Professionals and beginners can work on WordPress and there is not a single feature missing from WordPress that a developer needs while creating a blogging channel.
- Universal availability – WordPress is one of the most widely used platforms and almost 29.3% of the websites on the internet use WordPress. This is a great platform for everybody to work on their creativity and develop websites. Developers can log in to WordPress from anywhere in the world and all they need is a device and an internet connection.